Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Have Soylent, Will Travel

Three weeks have already gone by on my Soylent Odyssey.  This was another banner week as I took Soylent on a four-day Easter weekend trip.  By this time, I had pretty much mastered the art of drinking Soylent at home and at work.  Both of those are fairly routine, and it's easy to get into that life rhythm.  However, travel was something new.


Our first stop for lunch was at Panda Express.  The whole family -- minus The Soylent Guy -- piled into Panda to get awesome looking Chinese food.  Did I mention that everything looks and smells awesome these days?  Anyway, while the rest of the Fam went inside, I got the boot, which is to say I made my Soylent in the trunk of my car.


I kid you not, I had a quasi-religious experience there for a minute, driving down the road, sipping my Soylent.  While everyone else got stuffed to the gullet, I could almost feel my brain cells sparkle with each sip.


Okay, I'm back.  The next eventful stop of the trip was Dodger Stadium.  Unfortunately, you cannot bring any opened containers into the stadium, which meant I wasn't able to Christen Dodger Stadium with its first taste of Soylent.  (RTD anyone?)


So I watched everyone else eat Dodger Dogs, pizza, nachos, chased with sodas and beer.  Yeah, I was practically drooling by this point, but I survived.


The final test was that we were graciously invited to Easter dinner...where at 5 minutes to dinnertime, I had to finally tell our hosts that I was drinking "meal replacements"...in order to get healthier, of course.  Not even a hitch.  Everyone was like, "okay, we get it."  What was I ever worried about?  Soylent is more socially acceptable than I knew.

So there it is.  I've survived three weeks drinking Soylent.  Actually, I've thrived for three weeks with Soylent, and the best is yet to come.  Three days from now, Official Soylent will be shipping.  My shipment may be three weeks out, but it is coming.  That is going to be a big day of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment