Monday, May 5, 2014

MANIC MONDAY!











In the span of an evening and a morning, I experienced two new things on my Soylent Odyssey.  Last night, I got too full to finish eating my Soylent.  I still have some of yesterday's container on my kitchen counter.  This morning, however, I had an overwhelming desire to eat a roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise.

One thing I know for sure is if I had not been on a Soylent-only eating plan, I would have consumed two or three roast beef sandwiches by lunchtime.  That was in another life.  After a little over a month eating only Soylent, my relationship with food has changed.  I realized I wasn't physically hungry.  My mind was up to its old tricks, but, somehow, those tricks had lost their power.  What would have normally driven me into a wild, uncontrollable food binge was easily staved off by the first few sips of my breakfast Soylent.

Hey, I have nothing against a great roast beef sandwich.  One day, a little less than 11 months from now, I'll probably eat something like that as a supplement to my Soylent.  On that day, culinary delicacies will  be a colorful, pleasurable experience that I get to enjoy as a delight, not my main source of nutrition.  For now, I remain happy, full, and healthy thanks to my Soylent lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment